Wedding!

Monday, July 25, 2011

New Arrival

I no longer live completely alone again! Introducing Harry hamster:






Harry was chosen and named by my nephew. I promised him he could pick my new hamster after I told him I wasnt having a dog!! I also let him name him. Harry is about 7 weeks old and so is still very much a baby. He isn't used to being handled yet as you can't touch them until they are 6 weeks old otherwise the mother attacks them. However he has let me handle him a few times with no problems. He is slightly skittish and tries to jump out your hands, so I need to stay at low level with him until he is more confident but does let me pick him up.

He seems to have settled well into his new cage and was quite active this afternoon playing in his wheel. He is now snoozing but not in his house. I'm not sure if he has found his house or just isn't sure of it as he didn't have one in the pet shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment