Wedding!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A quick catch-up

So  realised I havent really done a proper blog recently apart from the one yesterday catching up on my weekend, so this is a quick post to catch you up on the few days before then!

Thursday was CF clinic today, it didn't go well...... lung function was back down to 52%, so I have already lost the 13% I gained from having ivs about a month ago, my weight has also dropped again by 2kgs. This means I am back in the danger zone of having IVs over christmas and a prescription has already been made and put into the pharmacy for me to start on build up drinks. This decline is probably related to the stress of preparing for moving house next month! I am also starting on some oral antibiotics, but if no improvement by the 14th, IVs it is, nicely for the period of christmas again.

Friday was the awards dinner. I did not win my category but instead came runner-up, as did my friend who was also nominated and shortlisted in the same category! The meal was quite fancy. the starter was sweet potato soup with blue cheese scone, it was very yummy and I would eat it again, the scone thing tasted like dumpling. The main course was a blade of beef with lemon & thyme dauphinoise potatoes and a carrot puree, with some broccolli, roasted carrots and swede or parsnip. I did not like this course!! The dessert was sticky toffee pudding with ice cream, this course was also nice :)

After the meal was the presentation of the awards, some photos and then home time. I took my fiance and my parents with me to the awards dinner and enjoyed my time with them

No comments:

Post a Comment