Wedding!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas decorations


On the top shelf are all the 'boot' mugs me and my mum collected whilst visiting the german christmas markets. They are the gimmick they have to get you to buy a hot chocolate (or something a little stronger such as gluhwein) whilst walking round the markets. most places charged 1 or 2 euros as a "deposit" for the mug which you got back if you returned them but as you can see we chose to keep ours- as do most visitors to the market! On the bottom shelf are most of the ornaments I brought from the markets! (Except for the snowglobe which I got in Lapland when I had a visit to santa in 1997).



I started to put my tree up and then got a little bored (I really don't like the job of having to put all the branches down and spreading them out), so the tree stayed like this for a good few hours!!
It finally progressed to being all set up ready to decorate! It also already has its "skirt" on. My mum and dad also have one and basically it hides the plastic feet of the tree and its something for presents to sit on also!
With lights on and turned on!Fully decorated tree!! I have also put up my ceiling decorations and got a few other ornaments dotted around. I have a nativity scene on my windowsill and a very tiny wooden tree sitting on my tv stand with some christmas penguins.

No comments:

Post a Comment