Wedding!

Friday, June 24, 2011

Cyprus

The lack of blogging for the last week or so is for a good reason this time and not because I forgot about it- I was on holiday in Cyprus!! Last year my sister moved out to Cyprus in October with her husband who is in the RAF. Well this month I made it over to Cyprus to see her. It was a good week and whilst I have seen her a couple of times since she has been in Cyprus as she has come back to the UK it was good to see her in her new environment.

While I was in Cyprus the temperature never dropped below 25degrees, even when I woke up in the morning it was that temp! The highest it went to was 35degrees. The highest temp was a tad too warm for me but I survived quite well at temps of 27-29degrees, which did surprise me. I was on salt tablets the whole week and always took the full dosage (2 tablets three times a day) which I think definitely helped with my energy levels.

Even though her husband is in the RAF his posting is on the army base in Cyprus which is based in Episkopi (everyone I told that I was going on holiday to see my sister asked if I was going to Akrotiri which is the RAF base), I don't understand it myself and do find it very confusing. He is an RAF policeman and in Cyprus it is a joint unit between the 2 forces and he works at both bases but his posting is at Episkopi. They are only about 20minutes apart though.

Whilst there we visited a number of places-Limissol, Paphos, Troodos Mountains and some other bits and bobs closer to the base. Everywhere we went you had to go by car as none of the places were in walking distance or had paths you could walk to them but by car they only took 5 or 10mins in some cases.

On the friday night she took us to see a musical show at an ancient roman ampitheatre whose backdrop was the sea. That was pretty awesome to go to! To be sat in an outdoor ampitheatre which has been so well preserved that they can still hold shows in it today. I am slightly jealous of my sister as tonight she is going to the same place to see Romeo and Juliet! How amazing would that be to see Romeo and Juliet and behind the show you can see the sea.

I will leave this post with a few photos from my week away (I say a few as I managed to take about 300 and my parents who also visited at the same time took about 200!).

Me with my sister in the ancient roman ampitheatre
With a frog! There were lots of signs saying 'Follow The Frog' advertising a waterpark. Whilst in Pathos the frog mascot from the mascot was walking around advertising the waterpark and I got my picture taken with him (like you do!).
Paddling in the sea with my sister and her hubby.
Standing at the top of Troodos Mountain (Which we drove up and definitely did not walk up!!)

With my sister and dad on our first proper day of the holiday (I'm not counting the day we arrived as we got there mid to late afternoon!).

No comments:

Post a Comment