Wedding!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

You know when you just feel like blogging but you don't really know if you have anything to say or not. Well to warn you now-this is one of those times!!!

I know I last blogged on wednesday. So I am going to start with what I have been doing for the last few days and go from there!

Thursday I was at CF clinic. My lung function was about the same as last time I visited (71%). This proves that my theory worked from last clinic. I had IVs even though I didnt really need them to try and boost me past my best (71% is about my best now!) so that after Centenary camp I would still be at "my best" ready for my holiday this month rather than being poorly for my holiday. This seems to have worked so I am now on track to go on holiday and have a fantastic time-yay!

Thursday teatime I had a phone call from my friend J who is also my GSL for my scout group. She was ringing to inform that I had 2 beavers who were eager to start and was wondering if it was on tonight as cubs and scouts were cancelled. Unfortunately it wasn't because I had the District AGM to go to! However I was ecstatically happy that in 2 weeks time I will have beavers turn up! This is excellent news and hopefully they will bring friends with them as these 2 are brothers. It means the groups beaver colony is now not only open but active. I am so excited about officially being the Beaver Scout Leader. This is the section I am so much happier working with however I will still be very sad when it comes to saying goodbye to the Scout section (As proved when I spent the day in tears when I was making sure all the records upto date for the leader taking over a few weeks ago!).

So Thursday was the District AGM. Never underestimate how boring an AGM can be, especially when you have no real interest in finances. I am quite happy to know that the accounts balance and where we are in comparison to last year (ie do we have more money as a district or less!). I do not enjoy having to sit for 20 minutes as they go through every single column of the ingoings and outgoings and assets of the district!! Luckily it was a relatively short AGM and after an hour it was over (Last year it was nearly 2hours long just to compare). I did some excellent scouting relations before and after the AGM by organising a joint scout sleepover with another group before the AGM and afterwards a lot of leaders went to the pub! Where I sat with a pint of water but it was a good social time none the less and was there for about 3hrs. We also shared a Wetherspoon platter from the starter menu between the 4 of us- was quite yummy!!

Friday I went on my usual food shopping trip in the morning with my mum and grandma, My grandma can't manage the bus anymore with her food shopping and hasnt for quite some time so we always take her. I must admit sometimes it can be frustrating when I can get into town, round the supermarket and home again in under an hour (sometimes under half an hour depending on traffic!) by myself and yet friday mornings I leave my house at about 8.15am and usually dont enter it again until about half 11!! I didn't do much friday afternoon or evening.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon at Belton House with my mum and nephew having some fun in the adventure playground and Discovery Centre.

Thats about me caught up and now I have to go as my brother needs a lift to go fetch his car from a house where he left it last night after having a few drinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment