Wedding!

Thursday, May 7, 2009

The circus!


Yesterday evening 3 of us went to the circus! It was good fun, it was a mixture of animals being paraded round the ring and doing some tricks (there were horses, shetland ponies, pygmy goats, birds that were possibly pigeons and doves I couldnt really tell!, 2 camels, 2 llamas and 2 zebras). The pygmy goats were very cute as were the shetland ponies, me and my friend decided that we could easily fit one of the ponies into our living room and it would also fit in my car!!!! Then there was also bippo the clown and some acrobatic bits which involved aerial silks, the "wheel of death" and also another aerial type act. Must say seeing them perform in the air without any kind of safety harness or safety net underneath them was a little bit scary! Especially a couple of times when it really looked like they were going to fall!!!! After the show had finished we all paid 50p to go backstage and see the animals in their stables (that money apparently goes towards maintenance of the animals-so towards their food and vet bills). At which point a stray pygmy goat who wasnt in their stable butted me in the leg, and then someone watching them let it off its restraint so it could wander about free!!! my friends found this highly amusing, when all I had wanted to do was give it a stroke, which they said we were allowed to do when we went to see the animals. I have attached a picture of said pygmy goat and also one of a llama pulling a very funny face! Unfortunately we werent allowed to take pictures during the show, so I dont have any of the actual acts, but it was a good evening. We decided very impulsively that we would go, as in the afternoon before as we didnt even realise the circus was in town until a leaflet was put through the door, giving you half price admittance!!!

I am now back at home for the weekend and looking at a couple of houses for rent, and hopefully one of them will be suitable and I can apply for it and have somewhere of my own to move into once I move out of my student house!

No comments:

Post a Comment