Wedding!

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Another week later

Ok, so I haven't blogged in a week so I'm going to have to think quite hard about what it is that I've been doing!!!

Monday and Tuesday I didnt really get upto loads, watched some dvds and spent some time with housemates just relaxing and enjoying that we have no more essays or exams to do still!!

Wednesday I was back at home for the day for some house viewings. I liked the first house I saw but the estate agent person who showed us round told us "unofficially" that "if I was her daughter she wouldnt want me living in this house on my own" as they have had trouble with the neighbours (believe from speaking to people afterwards they are possibly known drug addicts!). Which was nice of her to tell us, but it was good to see another house and what was being offered for the amount of rent. In the afternoon I saw a flat and it was horrible!! As soon as I walked in I turned to my mum and was whispering "no no no no no no"! It had a kitchen cum living room thing, which was essentially along one wall of the living room kitchen cupboards, sink, oven, washing machine and fridge freezer! Which would of been fine if the cream carpet had not gone up to the kitchen sink!!! The bathroom was also immensely tiny, in fact it was being advertised as a wet room, there was literally only just room for the shower cubicle, toilet and sink!! and you couldnt shut the door without first stepping to the side where the shower was- highly unpractical. I am looking for a small ish place but there is small and there is just ridiculous!!! After viewing that we drove round to see the house that I am most interested in. I dont know if I said but the last time I viewed it the kitchen and bathroom had been gutted and all the doors were laying on the floors as they had been taken off their hinges for doorframes to be painted and the doors to be restained. Well we stopped by to see if we could possibly peer in the windows and look at the new kitchen but the builder was there and let us in to look properly!! I fell in love with it all over again when I saw the new kitchen- its just beautiful!!! I also got to help pick the new lino for the floor-very exciting. (I am viewing this house again 'officially' on friday and handing in the forms to apply for it at the same time-yay!!!).

Thursday three of us went to a local home made ice cream parlour called 'daisy made' and the ice-cream was absolutely delicious!!! We also played a round of crazy golf that they had there, which was interesting as it was broken up by a short spell of rain where we had to run back inside, where we sat the rain out before going back out to play. The weather was fine apart from that brief spell of rain! We had ice-cream before and after the golf!!! I tried cinder toffee flavour, cream tea (scone and swirls of jam in vanilla icecream) flavour and lancaster bomber (chocolate and vanilla icecream with chocolate balls) flavour. All were extremely yummy! None of us were quite brave enough to try the bubblegum flavour though due to its bright blue colouring!!!!

Friday I met up with friends where we had a very long lunch (3hours!!!), it was really nice to catch up and one of them just talks for england! She really does, thats why it took so long. As we had finished eating by half 1 but didnt leave the pub until 3 and we had met up at 12!!! After that two of us went to see Angels and Demons at the cinema. Which was a good film but in comparison to the book was abit disappointing, my friend got quite lost because she hadnt read the book and I had to explain somethings to her afterwards so she could understand it. As they had cut out some of the important central points to the plot in the film so was easily confusing, so if you want to see the film, definitely read the book first!!!!

Yesterday I was back home again for my mums birthday and we had a BBQ!!!! Which was my first one of the year- yay!

Today I have been packing some of my things up in my uni room but also taken a nice walk in the sunshine along the river where I saw some swans nesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment