Wedding!

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

so its been awhile

Ok, I'll admit it- I'm abit of a lame blogger at the minute!!! I realise I haven't blogged in awhile and there is no excuse for that-its all just laziness!!

I havent been upto lots really except for tidying up my student room and packing up all my books and dvd cases to be brought back home for storage until I have somewhere to live of my own (or alternatively to be sorted and unpacked back in the family home if I end up staying back there). My uni room is now pretty much empty of everything except the things I still need until I move out of there permanently (which has to be by July 10th). I am at home for a week as got somethings to do, but when I go back there on saturday my dad will be taking my computer desk and chair back, leaving me with the rubbish plastic chair to sit on but I can cope with that. I've transferred my computer to the desk that came with the room as I dont need that for writing on anymore and wont really be in my uni room much more anyway.

Tomorrow I am at the legion caseworker information day, which is the first stage of me becoming a caseworker for The Royal British Legion, I think I've talked about it before but essentially tomorrow is a 20minute ish powerpoint presentation followed by a 5minute "interview" where I will also be given forms to fill in for a CRB check at a later date. Then the actual training will be in september sometime, which is a 2day course.


I am not really upto much for the rest of the week except for friday evening when I am out at Breakthrough for rehearsals. Breakthrough is a group I helped set up 3years ago (this is the 4th year that its been running) and there is about 12 people (never more than 20) in the cast. The show is a variety one of songs from different musicals and any money we raise goes to a local charity. I did the first show but then due to uni didn't do the last two, but can do this one again this year-yay! I love doing stage shows and while I don't have confidence to sing solo or duets I just love being in the chorus and being on stage. The show is only one night-which is absolutely fantastic because it means you give your all to that one night and is better than when you do 3 or 4 performances (I used to be part of another group called Variety Venture which did shows twice a year, with 4performances per show!). Although it is absolutely tiring doing the show with everything it involves I wouldn't miss being part of it unless I really had to. The show is at the end of July (24th) and rehearsals have just started which are every friday night!


However I feel the most exciting news I have to give is that I applied for a bungalow on friday!!! It it absolutely gorgeous- I fell in love with it and is the one I have mentioned before. Well I viewed it again officially on friday and handed in the forms to apply for it. So the credit checks and references are currently going through for me and my guarantor (who is my dad and his boss has received and filled in the form necessary about his salary to check he gets enough to be guarantor). These usually take no longer than 2weeks to complete-if not faster and assuming everything is all ok (which it should be!) I should have the keys for the property by the end of this month!!!!! Extremely exciting!! I will put pictures up of it as soon as I get confirmation that I have definitely got it.
I will leave you with a picture of Jasper (Brown bear) and Freddy. Freddy is mine and Jasper is my best friends, but he is temporarily in my care! My best friend moved from uni on friday to start her new job and due to space where she is currently residing and also with the fact that she had a massive suitcase and large rucksack (65litre one!) cramed full of all her clothes and essentials (this was literally jst clothes, shoes and official type documents) she didnt have room for Jasper on the train as well. So I am currently looking after him until his mummy comes to visit me or I go to visit her-which will hopefully be very very very very very soon! Friday was a very emotional day when I had to say goodbye to her, even though I knew I would see her again and it wasnt the end of our friendship it was still tough after we went from living together in year 1 to just being 5minutes away over the last 2 years, knowing that we are at least an hour and a half away by train is very tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment