Wedding!

Monday, June 8, 2009

Edinburgh

I am getting very excited about going away to Edinburgh for a long weekend. My train leaves at 9.18am Thursday morning and I will finally get there at 13.38 in the afternoon!! That is a long train journey, but 30mins of that is waiting for a connecting train but even so still a long time on the train!!

I went into town this morning and brought myself some things to occupy myself with on the train. This was a magazine, a puzzle book and I was also browsing the ds games and ended up getting 2 new ones in an offer of 2 for £30. These were 101 games in 1, which I've already had a play on and seems good, its essentially lots of minigames and you have to get high scores on them to be able to unlock more of the games-you start with 10 unlocked games, so lots of potential in that to keep me occupied. I also got the book collection, which I thought would be quite good. As that gives me a 100books to read but takes up less than space than a normal book would. So that will be something that will be used more for when I go away on holidays, especially with ones that involve long journeys to get to my destination such as this trip and the one I have got to Brugges at the beginning of July!

I also picked up a couple of snacky things (some pink wafer biscuits!) and I already have some strawberry jaffa cakes, which are going into my case for if we get peckish in the evenings in the B&B! My friend went into town (who I am going away with) as well abit later on and came back with an awesome card game that I have talked about before for us to play on the train and in the evenings in the B&B.

We have got so much planned, so I think we are going to be extremely tired when it comes to the evenings and not doing much more than sleeping!! I have also charged up my camera batteries, empty my memory card and sorted my purse out so I am only taking the cards I will need with me for the weekend, which I've worked out is just my ID, student card (to get discount admissions) and my bank card. my suitcase is already essentially packed, except for the final few items that cant go in until last minute! I have almost packed my bag for the stuff I will want on the train but not quite gone that far!!

Anyway I will stop talking about Edinburgh now and will probably blog again once I am back as I'm not up to anything between now and then to talk about anything else.

1 comment:

  1. Hi hun,

    Just found your blog again! I lost the link for ages, then I found it lurking in my Facebook inbox, so I've favourited your page now.

    Hope you're having/have had fun in Edinburgh, and I'm so glad you got your bungalow!!!

    Hugs,

    Becky xxx

    ReplyDelete