Wedding!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

busy busy busy

Since my last blog I have been busy busy busy!

In March I will be running my very first scout camp/sleepover thing! Whilst I have now been on 2 or 3 camps/sleepovers with the scouts and the beavers this will be the first one that I am in charge of!!

There is alot of planning and organising involved, coming up with fun and new activities that will keep a group of fourteen 10-13yr olds happy and occupied for a weekend. Then the cubs will also be joining us for the second night, so on the sunday I have to plan activities for twenty three 7-13yr olds!! Now that is a large age gap to try and plan for. Especially when I am trying to plan activities that they haven't really done before so it doesn't feel repetitive. They will be staying over in a scout hut which will be their first time as they are usually on a campsite in tents.

I think I am there with all of my activities now. I just need to send out the letters, get money in and get organised. I have a couple of other leaders who will be my 'catering team' for the weekend and so I need to speak to them regarding menus for the weekend.

I am excited about it but there is alot of work involved in the planning of a scout weekend away. I don't think I ever really gave full credit to those who have run the other camps as you don't see all the things like sending NAN forms and filling in home contact forms and all things like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment