Wedding!

Monday, January 24, 2011

Today has been a day of baking!!

I have made cupcakes and biscuits.

The biscuits took me 3 attempts to get them to work (I couldnt get the mixture to form into a dough by following the recipe exactly, so I merged a couple of shortbread recipes together and on the third attempt got what I was after!). Today was the first day I used my penguin cutter that I got in my stocking for christmas and below are the results:



The biscuits are very yummy and I have 36 of them left! They had to be cooked in a couple of batches because I dont have enough baking trays or a big enough oven to cook them all in one go.

The cupcakes are a packet mix. They are strawberry and white chocolate cupcakes from morrisons. I was a little disappointed when I realised they only made 6 in a box, I clearly don't pay enough attention when looking at the boxes in the supermarket. I have to wait until tomorrow to try these as I am taking them to my brothers house as he has invited me for tea. Below are the cupcakes:



They look extremely yummy and I am trying to be very good at not having one now!! Here is all of my creations together:



My kitchen looked like a flour and icing sugar bomb had hit it after I had finished!! Its a good job kitchen surfaces are easy to wipe down really.

No comments:

Post a Comment