Wedding!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Randomness

Following on from my previous post, this is the sentiment on my mums bag of blessings:

This is a Bag of Blessings and Gratitude, A magical gift that's given with love to say, Thanks for being so wonderful, And "Happy Mother's day!" The Aventurine is to bring you luck, The Rose Quartz to surround you with love, There's a guardian angel to watch over you, And to bring you peace, there's a tiny dove. I hope this gift will bring you joy, Because it's clear for all to see, You're the best Mum in the Universe, And you mean the world to me. Copyright © 2001-2009 Karen Bourner. All rights reserved.

I still think it's very sweet!

Apparently it's only been 2 days since my last blog and I still can't remember what I've really been upto!!

Hmmmmmmm..............

Yesterday was busy spent updating all my scout admin, sorting out their challenge record cards which lets me see how many of them are close to or have earnt the Chief Gold Scout Award. Which is the top award they can earn in the scout section (cubs earn chief silver scout award, beavers earn chief scouts bronze award). They earn this by completing 'challenge' badges which typically involve more work or doing certain things for longer than an activity badge. I was pleased to see that out of 15 scouts in the troop, one has now earnt their gold scout award and 4 others are very very very very nearly completed!! The rest of the scouts are either just starting on their scout journey or about halfway there. Then in the evening I was at scouts and they had fun building models out of straws. It was a relatively easy meeting for me in terms of leadering as when they do activities like the one they do last night they all sort of control each other and I only have to step in if it looks like a big argument is brewing or I see some 'inappropriate' behaviour (We don't allow physical contact unless it is part of game rules-so no shoving or poking etc).

Today I have been food shopping and looking for somethings for my friends birthday which is in a few weeks time. I've also got all my stuff ready for cake baking tomorrow. I'm a little bit nervous about it as I know my grandma will also be eating it and she is big baker!! Shes always baked and I used to bake with her and my mum when I was little. She is also quite critical when it comes to baked goods and will give her honest opinion on things no matter who made it!! Also I just want it to be nice as it's for my mum. I will take pictures of my progress and blog them another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment