Wedding!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Scout blanket

Below are some photos of my camp blanket :o) You sew badges onto your camp blanket that are from events or camps that you can't wear on your shirt. So for the kids thats mainly camp badges or events like JOTI or JOTT or if you are given a special badge to celebrate a camp. These are known as an occasional badge. Then as you move through the sections you can also sew your old badges on. so when you move from beavers to cubs you can put your beaver badges onto your camp blanket instead of leaving them on your uniform. Leaders can only wear the membership badges really on their shirt and until your 25 you can still earn the stage activity badges. So below is my blanket with the badges I have earnt in my 2years of being a leader!

This picture shows my 1year and 2year participation badges, a jamboree badge, a patch from my visit to newark air museum, all 5 of the first aid staged activity badges and one for the local campsite that normally would go on the back of a necker.

This one shows the badge from a leaders training course when I stayed at shacklewell hollow, my PGL badge from last year and a 'fun' badge which just says scouting is fun and for all!

This one again shows another 'fun' badge of my cub leaders name. The fact I've done 1 hike with the scouts and had 5 nights away with them (I've actually had 11 but I haven't got the 10na badge yet!).

This corner shows the badge I got for going on my first beaver sleepover, that I took part in the 2010 big adventure (this is where you get parents to join in activities with their kids in the hope they will want to join as occasional helpers or even uniformed leaders and bring new skills to the kids and the group!), my dukes covert camp badge, my JOTA/ JOTI occasional badge which was held in november. JOTA/ JOTI stands for Jamboree On The Air / Jamboree On The Internet. It was basically a weekend spent on the internet and radio waves trying to communicate with scout groups from all over the world :o)

A picture of my all of my badges in one shot.
This is the last close up of my badges. It shows the Survival camp badge I went on in october (very cold and rainy weekend!!), the gangshow badge and all 5 Information Technology staged activity badges.


I just felt like sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment