Wedding!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Blog challenge and other stuff

Day 18 – Five things that irritate you

  1. When people are late- I don't think there is anything I find more irritating than when people are late, especially when they set the time to meet. Now I know this is to do with how I have been brought up as I was always told it is better to be 2hours early than even 5 minutes late. I am the only one out of the 4 of us who still live by this philosophy now we are adults, so subsequently I am always early wherever I need to be, and if I'm not going to be there on time then I let people know!
  2.   Constantly being asked if I'm ok- I am a positive person in general, I will say I'm ok even if I'm not because the moment you acknowledge how rubbish you really feel then things suddenly get 10x harder. Plus when I say I am not ok, it means I am struggling and actually need help and because I rarely complain people take it a little bit more seriously. However generally being asked once by a person in a day if youre ok is fine, being asked 5 or 6 times in a day by the same person is not.
  3. Facebook- I have a facebook account but it still irritates me, mainly because of all the drama that seems to surrond it.
  4. People not doing things when they say they would do- Again this is pretty much because of the way I've been brought up and just the kind of person I am. If I say I will do something then it is usually done within 24 hours. I find it very frustrating when people say they will do something but then don't do it and the only excuse is 'couldn't be bothered'.

  5.  
 Ok I am sure lots of things irritate me but right now I can't think of a 5th one and the previous three before that were difficult. I will come back and edit this post when I think of a 5th thing that irritates me!



Other stuff:

So yesterday I was at the hospital for joint diabetic/CF clinic.The diabetes side was ok, back again in 3 months to discuss hba1c results and possibly have a 72hr continous glucose monitor study done to get a good in depth look at what my blood sugars are doing. Blood was taken for my hba1c yesterday afternoon and I have 3 months to work on what I know will not be a great result!!

The CF side was not good at all. Due to the stress of the last few weeks I have lost 1.5kg in weight and 20% lung function based on what it was when it was last recorded at the end of January. In spite of this I managed to get them to agree to a course of oral antibiotics first with the agreement that if I am feeling no better after the funeral next week I will ring up and start IVs. Things have been a little rough, I've started waking up in the night because of coughing and generally my chest has felt heavy, tight, wheezy and you can hear crackling when I breathe sometimes. So hopefully these orals will be enough, as I don't really want to go on IVs unless I really have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment