Wedding!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Feeling happy

Is it worrying to anyone else that we are now into the sixth month of the year??? As in half way through 2012, I still remember celebrating christmas 2011 as if it was only a few days ago let alone 6 months ago!

So much has happened in the last 6months, some of it bad, some of it good, some of it excellent but overall right now I am feeling very happy and content with life. It's a nice feeling to have. I've discovered many things in this year and learnt quite alot.

I am still so very happy with the new love in my life, we might of only been together about 3 months but I don't remember ever being this happy in any of my last relationships. This person makes me want to have a family and get married and settle down. I've never wanted children of my own, so to suddenly feel this way is a little bizarre but nice.

I've discovered that being near the coast is highly beneficial to my health. I spent a week in Wales right near the sea and that was the best week I have had in a long time in regards to the amount of coughing I did. Normally I will have at least 2 or 3 very long coughing sessions in a day and in that week I maybe had 2 or 3 all week. When I realised this it felt pretty amazing. Ok, so my health still isn't in the best of places it could be, I'm pretty sure when I go to hospital next week my lung function still won't be its greatest and I know my weight is down (not a good thing) but still I'm feeling pretty happy that I could spend a week away and not feel overly ill.

My diary is filling up with lots of good things to look forward to over the next few months. I have a week in Cyprus to see my sister, I get to spend 3 days with my 2 favourite doggies Buddy and Alfie while my friend goes away. My twin brother is getting married in August and I am also using a raffle prize which I won in August. The prize is a 1 night stay in a very posh hotel with dinner included for 2, I have just got that booked in and also hopefully another week in Wales as long as no health issues get in the way.

I've just realised I have gone 3months without IVs, which is pretty good as I think I will leave clinic next week without any either. Which will then make it the longest I have gone without IVs (At least 4months) since leaving university 3years ago. Also a pretty remarkable achievement.

Overall I have lots of things to feel happy about right now and hope it continues for quite some time!

2 comments:

  1. This year is racing by Helen, glad the coast did you good healthwise. This post made me smile! xxx

    ReplyDelete