Wedding!

Monday, August 19, 2013

A musing and other things

How quickly you can get used to something different! After living alone for 3years and spending the majority of my evenings alone, at first it was weird having D around every evening when we moved into together 8months ago. Now when he is missing for an evening I feel abit lost and don't know what to do with an evening by myself. I always thought I would be greatful for an evening alone but it appears that is not the case. I miss having him in the house, even if we are not in the same room its the knowledge he is there if I wanted to have a random chat. Is this a sign of dependence on him or just a sign that I've turned into an old married woman who craves routine rather than the abnormal?? Who knows.

August has been a bit of a busy month in some ways, it certainly feels like lots has been going on anyway! Lots of wedding preparations have been done, with things marked off the to do list we created. Birthdays have been celebrated, including seeing my grandma turn 85. She is a very special lady to me and this year has been abit of a tough year with her health, with lots of ongoing tests to try and work out what is going on and if anything can be done or if its just the effects of old age. My biggest worry is that she wont be well enough to travel for my wedding, but I know by hook or by crook she will be there if she is capable.

Things to look forward to:
Celebrating A turning 4 with a party and watching his face (hopefully) beam in delight at the presents we have got him. I can't wait to see him celebrate his birthday!

It is also my birthday this year, but so far I'm not really feeling it and could quite happily let it go by. All I have asked is that I get to spend the day with D & A but otherwise I couldnt care less what I do or anything else. D has said he will take me for a birthday meal though to one of my favourite resturants which I haven't visited for awhile, so thats kind of exciting.

I also have a dress fitting coming up for getting it altered so it is the correct length and need to have my wedding shoes and underwear with me for the fitting, so thats quite exciting!

September is full of lots of exciting things which I will blog about as they happen

No comments:

Post a Comment