Wedding!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Catch-up

I just realised I haven't blogged in a few days (well nearly a week) and I was having a look back through some of my posts what I had put.

I also only just saw some comments from some friends and they made me smile to realise that people cared even if it doesnt seem it some of the time.

Things are going better now!

On Saturday I went to an agility dog show with my bf and his mum and their two dogs. Me and my bf ran one of the dogs in her classes. She came 6th and 9th :o), although Nell (the other dog!) did even better and got a 1st and a 2nd, which we were very happy about. Nell has good shows and bad shows, so definitely a good show for Nell. Nell loves going through the tunnels and has a habit of not actually going over the jumps but just running under them if she spots a tunnel in her eyeline, which then gets her disqualified!

Sunday I was at a church service celebrating 150years of the Cadet movement in the local boys high school and in the town. I got my own special invite because the CCF unit are affiliated with the Branch of the RBL that I go to, and I go down and help file their paperwork most weeks (they were shockingly behind in their filing before I went and helped and got it all sorted for them!). They think I am little crazy that I like filing things away but I just like being organised and get into a little system and what I can get filed away into their cabinets in an hour is more than what they can manage in 5hrs (so I've been told!). Then the mid-lent fair is in town, so me and my parents had a walk-through it before heading home.

Monday I was at school helping out in the class that I have been in since October. It's amazing to see how much the kids have changed and developed over the year, especially after not being there for a few weeks because of being in hospital and on IVs. The lowest group have all moved on in leaps and bounds and while they may not be near the top end of the class still the gap between them and most of the class in the middle has definitely shrunk, it was so good to see some of those who had little confidence in their reading abilities to have soared and become loads more confident. I was also asked if I was free on thursday (which I was) and if I would be able to go on their school trip with them as they still needed another adult helper. To which I said yes, so tomorrow I will be going to Belton House and have a group of 6children to be in charge of (the class is a group of 30 and their are 5adults). Then in the evening I went to the gym for my induction session, where we worked out what my goals are for going to the gym and what equipment I would like to use. Then I did about 5mins on each just to see how they work and what levels of difficulty I should be aiming for on them for them to be a benefit to start with, then hopefully the more I go I should be able to increase those to continue getting a benefit. I havent been back since then but will hopefully make it in the next few days.

Tuesday me and my bf went to somebodys house to look at somethings they were selling (he had brought a football table off her and wanted me to look at some dvds that she also had for sale) and we came away with 3board games and 2 books for me as well :o) . We then met my brothers partner and her little girl and went round the fair with them going on some rides ( I got to go on the teacups with her and a giant inflatable slide-she reached the top then nearly burst into tears because she was too scared to come down by herself). Her mum doesn't do fair rides anyway, but is currently pregnant so couldnt of gone on them. Then before we left my bf took her on the carousel (he was the favourite for the afternoon!) and we went to morrisons cafe for some tea.

Then me and my bf went and looked at a hamster cage (which we brought) and we also stopped off and I brought myself a hamster. I have wanted one for awhile and now I have one. She is called skittles (I don't know why, its just what I decided on!) and is a golden colour. The cage has some plastic tubing that she can crawl around in which is she really loving at the minute, in fact she is asleep in it right now on one of the bends! She crawled out of the tubing to get some food, took it back into the tubing then dropped it so its sat in the tube. So I think she is feeling safer in there at the minute than the main part of the cage. Although she has been in that part quite abit in the wheel which she also seems to love. I didn't hear her in the night but when I got up to go to the bathroom I could hear her running in the wheel.

Thats me about all caught upto date.

No comments:

Post a Comment