Wedding!

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Believe

Do you ever find sometimes that song lyrics really speak to you? Well at the moment I'm in the middle of rehearsals for Gangshow and one of the songs we are singing is Believe. I have put they lyrics below and put in bold the verse that really spoke to me last night as were singing them:


BELIEVE

When I look up to the stars, There’s a burning deep inside me
And I feel a power growing in my soul.
There is something I can sense, Deep within a dream to guide me,
And I know that I am reaching for my goal.

I can do anything at all, I can climb the highest mountain,
I can feel the ocean calling wild and free.
I can be anything I want, With this hope to drive me onward,
If I can just believe in me.

When the skies are dark and grey, We still know the sun is shining:
Though it’s out of sight, its light is glowing still.
And as long as I believe, There is nothing I can’t wish for;
Not a dream that I’m unable to fulfill.

I can do anything at all...

And whatever it takes I’ll find it somehow;
Whatever it needs I’ll show I’m strong.
Whatever it takes I’ll make it happen:
Finding out where I belong.

While the world is spinning round, I can sometimes lose direction
And I know how hard it is to find my way.
But with friends around to care, There is nothing I can’t handle,
And I’ll face the future treasuring each day.

I can do anything at all...


No comments:

Post a Comment