Wedding!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Catch up

So I was going to do a photo blog to show what I had been upto since my last blog in October. However I have just realised that I have taken no photos during that time that I can post on my blog (not because they are rude but because they are all Beaver scout related and my permissions for the photos doesnt extend to personal blogs!).

So a brief summary then:

At the end of October I went away for the weekend to Lord Amory (Docklands Scout Project) with the scouts. It was a good weekend. They had loads of fun doing water activities on the river whilst I quite happily spent the majority of my time on the ship on the catering team. This meant between 5 of us we cooked meals for a group of 50 in total!! This is no mean feat when the ships galley isn't really that big and you also have to cater for 2 vegetarians!! The menu wasn't overly simple stuff either. On the saturday they had bolognese for lunch followed by pie and veg for their evening meal and on sunday we cooked a full roast dinner (with a choice of 2 meats, roast potato and 3 different veg) followed by apple crumble for dessert!!

November I went back onto IVs for 2 weeks, they went well! After my IVs had finished I went to my friends wedding which I unfortunately had to leave early from because of a sudden bout of haemoptysis. There was no warning for it and I had been feeling great all day so it was abit disappointing that I had to leave early on in the night (I didn't even get to see them dance their first dance!).

After speaking to my hospital team about it they don't know why its happened but seems to think it has something to do with residual infection from the end of IVs. It followed the same course as my bout of haemoptysis in September. They both happened 3-4days after finishing IVs and both happened despite me feeling great and being out and social just hours beforehand (or in the case of last month still being out and being sociable).

This brings me up to December. The start of December hasn't gone overly well. Just over a week ago I started with a cold and in the middle of the week I was diagnosed with a small amount of bronchitis as a result of my body trying to fight the cold and keep my usual bugs in control! So this has left me feeling alot breathless at times and quite worthless. When a walk to your bathroom is too much and leaves you breathless for 10mins you know things are not right- especially when you live in a bungalow and the 'walk' is only like 10 steps away from where you were sat!!

On a more positive note all of my christmas decorations are up, christmas presents wrapped and cards written!

No comments:

Post a Comment