Wedding!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Holiday time!

I have just spent the last week in Cyprus with my parents visiting my sister and her husband. Her husband is in the RAF and 2 yrs ago he got posted to Cyprus to the army base in Episkopi (It has a joint army/raf police unit and her husband is in the raf police). This was my second visit to Cyprus, I also went last year at the very beginning of June. The temperature while we were over there was always in the 30s and a couple of days it went over 40, with one day it topping 45degrees!! In the evenings and at night I think the lowest it went to was 26!! Thats very warm. I had a great time. We spent a few days at the beach which was very enjoyable as there was a nice sea breeze there which made it feel a little cooler. We bought some bat and balls to play with in the sea which helped pass the time. They were probably my favourite days. We also went halfway up troodos mountain to a village called Omodos, which is still quite a traditional cypriot village and they had lots of handmade lace for sale. It was nice to have a walk round the village and have a look at the church there. We also spent a morning in Paphos, which was very warm! We indulged in a few meals out and had a couple of cypriot meals. The first night we went out we had a meze which is 14 courses of food. They bring out enough food for you literally to have a sample of it all, so although its not a lot of food its not a whole portion in each course. I rediscovered my love for halloumi cheese and taramosulata dip. I also ate alot of pitta bread and salad while away this week!! It was just too hot for any really big main meal. It was great to see my sister again, the last time I saw her was in January which is when they were last back over in the UK. However soon they will be back in the UK permanently as they have reached their end of their posting in Cyprus. I will leave this post with a couple of photos from the holiday:









No comments:

Post a Comment