Wedding!

Thursday, July 30, 2009

R.I.P. Sammy-Jo

I found out yesterday that my friend Sammy-Jo died. We had lost touch for awhile and I didn't know that she had been so poorly. It was another life taken away far too early because of CF. Sammy-Jo was a couple of years younger than me (i'm not sure on the exact age difference) so it made her no older than 21. Also the news reached us all very slowly as it was just over a month ago that she actually passed away, so this message is for Sammy-Jo:


I know you're in a better place,
but I wish that I could see your face,
I know you're where you need to be
Even though it's not here with me.


I miss you, I miss your smile
And I still shed a tear every once in awhile
And even though it's different now
You're still here somehow.

My heart won't let you go
And I need you to know
I miss you.


Breathe easy now Sammy-Jo, you are free but will never be forgotten

No comments:

Post a Comment