Wedding!

Sunday, September 2, 2012

A hotel stay

So on the 22nd August I used the raffle prize that I won back in May. A night in the Lincoln Hotel for 2 with complimentary dinner included.

The lincoln hotel is a pretty posh hotel and our room offered us a cathedral view.

We arrived in Lincoln wednesday morning and did some shopping in the centre of Lincoln before moving upto the hotel, checking in and then browing some of the shops in the bailgate area. We also went into the first part of the Cathedral so I could show D the interior of it. I on principle refuse to pay to visit a church or cathedral as I dont believe you should pay to enter a religious building (I would however willingly give a donation if I was to enter a building like this), so we didn't go round it and consequently I've still not seen the famous Lincoln imp in there.

We then went back to the hotel to get ready for our evening meal. I must admit we both scrubbed up very well! I wore a dress for the second time in a week (!) and D wore a very nice shirt and black trousers. The resturant was really rather posh and 'fine dining' indeed! I had mushroom soup, steak and chips (6 chips on the plate!) and D had roasted leg of duck, corn fed chicken breast followed by chocolate fudge cake. The fudge cake was so rich that it was basically chocolate covered fudge rather than cake!!

After the meal we went for a walk down steep hill and then back up it!!

The hotel breakfast was particularly sublime. I dined on cereal, fry-up and fresh fruit. It was the most I had eaten for breakfast in a very long time!! We then checked-out and made our way back down into the main part of Lincoln and visited the Range. Where we purchased a couple of photo frames to adorn D's living room walls and a couple of other pieces.

The experience was amazing and there is no way I could ever afford to stay in a hotel like that just because. We worked out with the room we was given and everything that was included in the evening meal it should of cost around £400 to stay there!! Thats a crazy amount of money to spend on one night away.

No comments:

Post a Comment