Wedding!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Friendship musings...

So I've been doing some thinking, mainly about how so much has changed in the space of 9 months. Someone who I considered to be one of my best friends stopped talking to me, mainly from what I can understand was a difference in an opinion and she didn't like it. I've been luckily enough to meet the man I plan on spending the rest of my life with and he has never met her and she has never met him. I never dreamt she would be out of my life, but so it seems is the case. Every day I see things around me that remind me of her, I still have photos and presents that she gave me all around my house and I dont think I will ever be able to get rid of them either. Just tonight I used the 1 person teapot and cup set she gave me, realised Freddy is still sat in my living room (hes a me to you bear she gave me in my 2nd yr of uni) watching over me and in the kitchen above my sink is a plaque about friendship, also from this person. Then on facebook I saw these 2 photos which resonated with me quite alot over this situation:

The first one especially as I have tried 2 or 3 times in the last 9months and there has just been no response or interest. I don't even know if she still has the same number or email address. The second one is true also because all I did was speak honestly about my feelings and thoughts and offered an opinion and its been blown so out of proportion that it seems she was angry about honesty.

I need to look to the future and stop thinking about what could have been and why some friendships survive and why some die. I think about this alot and there will be many a musing on this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment