Wedding!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Milo!

Also I just had to post this picture of the beautiful Milo. He's my boyfriends dalmation, and they compete in Agility together. Milo is abit of a dippy dog and really quite big and heavy (he weighs 36kg!) but is just full of love. A got Milo when he was about 6months old from a rescue centre. They knew he had been badly mistreated in the first few months of his life and unfortunately those things still affect Milo know. He can be quite aggressive and territorial but I've learnt to not shout at him and remain calm and give him love, even when hes growling and showing all his teeth, helps him more than shouting. Me and Milo get on great, the problem becomes though is he thinks when I am giving him a cuddle that if anyone walks in they are going to attack me, so he goes into protection mode!! It's quite hard keeping a big old dalmation calm and convince him to lie back down and that my boyfriend isn't going to hurt me (I think Milo gets jealous if he sees me giving A a cuddle after I've just been giving him some attention). Anyway I just love this picture because he just looks all sweet and innocent. I think he is just misunderstood, but unfortunately quite a few of A's family are scared of him and think I should be too, because in comparison to them I really am quite small (in all ways-height, weight) and they worry he will hurt me. So far I have had a few bruises where hes trampled over my legs to try and protect me but overall I love Milo!!! Just thought I would share the picture of one of the most beautiful dogs in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment