Wedding!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

10days in 4 to go

I have now reached the stage where I am counting down the days until my IVs finish.

On thursday my physio came out to do halfway lung function to see if things are improving- they slowly are! My lung function was upto 62%. So thats an improvement of about 3%. Not brilliant but at least slowly going in the right direction. Whilst my cough is becoming less often, when I do cough it is still in quite a large coughing fit and still more often than not ending up in me being sick. It's not pleasant but I am bringing up alot of phlegm off my chest, so it can only be a good thing in the long run.

My physio is coming out again this thursday as well, to do end of ivs lung function. She will also actually do a good session of physio with me as well so hopefully that will do me some good.

On friday I had to go to a funeral. It was my boyfriends grandmas :o( It was very sad and quite a few tears were shed that morning. I did alright until I actually saw the coffin and we got into the church for the service. It was very tough and sad saying goodbye, but A did really well in reading the eulogy (which made me cry even more). It was really tough seeing both him and his sister really upset and also his mum. It was his dad's mum who we were burying and he did really well with it. After the service we moved to the cemetery for the burial which was also quite difficult. It was the first burial I had been too and I couldn't stop the tears when they lowered the coffin into the ground :o( . His grandad had died a few years earlier and after it was all over A's mum told us that his grandma had been placed on top of his grandad's coffin. Which was nice to know that they were both together again. Afterwards we went back to A's uncles house for a small get-together. There was only a maximum of 25 people at the funeral anyway. There was about 16 of us back at his uncles house for about an hour or so before we left to go back to A's house. For tea that night we had fish and chips from the local chip shop- it was her favourite meal and if she could of had it every day I think she would of. Everytime A took his grandma out to do her food shopping they would have lunch in morrisons cafe and without fail she would order fish and chips. When we took her out for her birthday on new years eve to a local pub/restaurant she had loads of things to choose from and she still picked fish and chips. I will miss her, even though I hadn't known her long.

A little by the by about the funeral- I thought the vicar was a little strange. If anyone has ever watched the film '3men and a little lady' , the vicar reminded me of right at the end when the actor Ted Danson (I cant remember the characters name) dresses up as a vicar to delay the wedding. Well the character of that vicar in the film reminded me so much of the vicar who conducted the funeral. When I first met him outside the church before we followed the coffin in I had to try very hard to not laugh at him. I couldn't help it when I first saw him!!

Yesterday I didn't do alot except do some relaxing really.

Thats now me pretty much upto date for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment