Wedding!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A working boiler and other things

Hooray! My boiler is now fixed!!

After alot of hassle, the part finally came in yesterday for the boiler. Someone came out to fix it but 10minutes after he left it had broken again!! It appears while he was fiddling around inside putting the new part in an electrical wire had come loose on the hetaing side of the panel and so it stopped working again!! Luckily British Gas could get someone out again the same afternoon and they managed to fix it. Therefore I have spent a nice lovely warm evening back in my own house again and things are fine.

I also got my new tv set-up last night, ready for the lovely virgin media people to connect me upto their tv service today. I decided to go for the V+ box, as that now gives me HD tv, and allows me to record some of the programmes I like to watch but dont always get to see. So now I dont ever miss out. I have rearranged my living room and put my tv at the other end where my chair was. So the chair is now where my tv was (I will take a picture later when I get my memory card back from my bf!). I wasn't so sure about it last night because I thought the chair was looking really stupid, but this morning it has really grown on me. In fact I am sat in the chair now. I rarely used it before, as it was to far away from the tv really (I had a small tv!!) but my new tv is alot bigger and its just comfy. I have got a little foldable table next to the chair, which I am going to get a lamp for. Then it will be like my own little reading corner!! I'll be able to curl up in the chair with a good book, the lamp on next to me and a cup of tea on the table as well-perfection! It's not quite my own little library that I've always envisioned but its certainly the image I have for the chair and lighting where I can escape into the world of fiction.


The not so bright spot on the horizon at the minute is that I will be starting IVs on thursday. I am oughing through the night now and at times to a point where I am sick, so I rang up the CF team and we decided to just start IVs when I go to clinic on thursday rather than wait until clinic and see what my lung function and stuff is doing before making the decision. So whilst I will have a warm house and nice new tv and V+ with lots of new channels to watch on there, I won't be able to make use of them for long before I go to my parents for the IVs.

Will blog again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment