Wedding!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Finally got online

Ok, so today is the first day I've managed to get on my computer....mainly because yesterday was the first day I brought it round to my parents from my house so I can use it!

Ivs are going ok so far. I'm getting a couple of side effects from them but nothing I can't live with, the main one is a tingly lips sensation. This usually kicks in about half an hour after a dose of IVs and last for 2-3hours afterwards sometimes abit longer. Not painful just abit of a weird sensation. I'm also starting to feel alot more tired and will have to start incorporating mid afternoon naps. My tegaderm is also starting to get really itchy!! So I will be changing the dressing probably tomorrow to give my skin abit of air for a short while before putting the new one on top. All of the dressings my hospital likes to use make me itch to some degree so I just have to live with it. The itching could be alot worse and its not so bad in winter when I'm not really sweating either. It's definitely alot worse when there is hot weather!


Saturday I was at a scouting event called JOTA/JOTI which is Jamboree On The Air/Jamboree On The Internet. It was an international event where all scouting districts are online/ on the radio airwaves at the same time for 2days allowing the kids to talk to other scouts/cubs in other countries. The radio part wasn't really my thing but I sent a few messages over the internet and we got replies from russia, netherlands, greece and the most exotic place: Portsmouth!! (we got quite a few places in the Uk but the kids didnt really care they just enjoyed it). I wasn't allowed to do alot because I'm on IVs so my main job was booking the kids in and out for the day (as they could stay for as long as they liked) and taking the money. It cost me a total of £1 and that is to pay for my badge to go on my camp blanket! I was abit gutted I couldn't stay the night like I originally had hoped to but never mind. I didn't go back on the sunday as I wasn't really feeling upto it but I still get the badge!!

I haven't really done alot since then except do my ivs and nebuliser and physio etc and rest quite abit!

Photos will go up eventually I just havent sorted them out yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment