Wedding!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hospital rant!

Hospitals especially mine it seems at the minute are useless!!!

I will be starting IVs on thursday at home but still my questions have not been answered that I have been asking since last wednesday. These questions which I feel are quite important are just being ignored as if my health doesn't matter and they can't seem to understand why I want these things sorting if it means getting medication I might need sooner so I can stay as well as possible.

So questions:
1) Am I having a skin prick test for aspergillus or not? If so will it be done quicker if I am inpatient for my IVs?? (still being chased up if I need one or not and hopefully they will know by thursday 2whole weeks after saying it was being sorted and they still dont know if I really need one. So lots of time going by before I may start treatment for this, despite my history showing that actually clearly aspergillus is a problem for me and explains so much stuff).
2) What are the results from my DEXA bone scan? (They havent even checked the system for the results and again this was done 2weeks ago but they should definitely know the results on thursday).
3) Have you sent the fax you were sending the day after I was in clinic (so should of been sent on the 30th sept) containing details of a prescription so I can trial a new drug that is meant to make it easier to shift sputum?? NO! If it still hasnt been sent they will just do a prescription at the hospital tomorrow and have the drug ready for me thursday so I dont have to visit hospital pharmacy. I wont visit there unless it is an absolute emergency as the minimum waiting time for their outpatient pharmacy is 50mins!! and it's been known to be as long as 2hours. Well it takes me 50minutes to drive home from the hospital and when you've already been there for a few hours and know you will be hitting rush hour you just don't want to wait in pharmacy!


I'm just so frustrated with them. They don't ring me back when I leave messages so I have to keep chasing them and then they wonder why I don't like trying to contact them between clinic appointments!!

No comments:

Post a Comment