Wedding!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Going back to studying?????

So today I was glancing through the local paper and noticed an advert from my local college. They have one in their fairly regularly showing part time courses, night time ones etc and I saw one that caught my eye. It was entitled 'Why do people act the way they do'. I wrote down the information from the paper about it and then went to their website to have look. After looking at the course info I realised that whilst I might find it interesting in parts I would probably have already covered most of what they talked about in my university degree (they are going to be examining some of the major psychology experiments into behaviour).

So instead I started having a look at what else they were offering and I ended up sending in an application form for a 5 week course into basic sign language. If there are spaces left on the course and I get accepted I will learn the following

  • fingerspell and basic sign language
  • communicate signs for family relationships
  • sign some numbers
  • sign brief conversations about the weather
  • sign brief conversations about colours
This course will then also allow me to progress onto dong the British Sign Language Course Level 1.

I'm really hoping I get on the course as it will give me something to do and will also get me out the house meeting some other people one night a week.

So fingers crossed there are still places and I don't have to wait to long to hear.

1 comment:

  1. is always good to go back to studying. i am studying on a veterinary assistant course

    ReplyDelete