Wedding!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

IVs have started......

................and I feel horrific!!

So sunday was not a good day at all. I spent alot of the day feeling very breathless and having to sit down and rest alot. I got dressed and had to then rest on my bed for nearly 20minutes before I felt able to walk through to my living room (I live in a bungalow and to get from my bedroom to living room you walk out the door, take 1 step and walk through the living room door!!). Even drinking was causing me to feel out of breath. Now having a sip of drink should not leave me feeling out of breath!!

Then sunday night when I went to bed I got some very intense and sharp chest pain that seemed to be radiating outwards from the centre of my chest to the sides. This was a very different pain to the usual chest pain I get and I did not like it at all! I couldn't lay down as this made the pain worse, but when I sat up it got a little bit easier. So I ended up sleeping sat upright propped against my pillows. Not the first time that has happened and it won't be the last.

Monday I woke up feeling a little better. Chest was still a little achy but nothing I couldn't cope with (more back to like my usual dull ache pain) and still a little breathless on lots of exertion but not as extreme as the day before.

I made it to the hospital for about 10.15 ready for my 10.30 appointment. My CF nurse however was 20mins late for my appointment and then had to set the room up we would be using, so we didn't get round to attempting to needle my port until about 11am. She missed again!! I'm pretty sure I blogged about my last set of IVs and how the CF nurse missed my port twice before getting someone else to come and do it who got it first time. Well this same nurse missed again today and just got someone else straight away. The other CF nurse got it in first time and I think we have now decided the first CF nurse wont ever be touching my port again. I don't know what her problem with it is as its a very easy port to needle. So then my port was very sore but it was needled and working ok. My IVs went through ok and I left the hospital ward at about 12 to go home.

When I got home during the afternoon I started to feel a little bit rubbish. My chest got more achy, my tongue started to go numb (very common side effect that I get from the 2 drugs that I am on- tazocin and colomycin), it felt like I had a lump in the back of my throat and any food or drink made me feel a little bit sick (again all side effects that I deal with as Tazocin is a wonder drug for me and can increase my lung function by anything up to 15% and other drugs can have minimal to no effect).

Today has not been alot better. I didn't make it into school where I volunteer as I just didn't feel well enough. My chest felt very sore and tight and just generally very achy when I woke up and I knew it would not ease in time for me to be able to drive to school and be of any use. I had only planned on being there for the morning instead of the whole day anyway because of the time my afternoon dose of IVs fall. I was a little gutted that I didn't make it there but I knew the rest was more important. I've also had to cancel going out to see a couple of friends tonight as again just not well enough. The muscles in my back have also started to go into abit of spasm which is quite painful and something I could of done without! It started off being my left shoulder and thought it was because I had just slept abit funny. It has now spread across my back and is affecting my neck and at some points its felt like my head has been too heavy for my neck to hold up. Then to top it off my lower back started to join in to!

I've told my mum that my whole body has just decided to give up and she should just send me to the scrap yard for spare parts lol.

Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day!









No comments:

Post a Comment