Wedding!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Life has taken some interesting turns

So far 2012 has not been the best of years.....

I appear to of lost someone who I thought was a good friend. However based on the email I received I guess those feelings aren't mutual and they no longer seem to want to talk. I was very upset on receiving this email and may have cried for 2 solid hours after receiving it. I don't know if or when this issue will be resolved but as it stands I'm guessing not. I guess things happen for a reason but it still makes me a little sad. It has however shown me who some real friends are and their support and love will remain invaluable.

I was also at my joint diabetic/CF clinic today-things did not go well. For the last week or so that I decided to be good and actually check on my blood sugars they have been unstable and running high for no reason that I can pinpoint (As in I have been doing my insulin and been pretty confident on my carb counting so the ratio should of been correct). The decision was made that I need to do some more consistent testing so they can see if any patterns emerge and that I would go back in 3months to see what is happening and if my carb/insulin ratios need changing. I normally only have to go back every 6months so this was a little disappointing. Things were even worse on the CF side of things. I have what they class as a "significant" drop in lung function (this is anything over 10%) since I last did it in November. I have also lost a little bit of weight since November also. However what was more scary to realise was the amount of weight I had lost in comparison to this time last year (and it isn't through choice). So all of these things combined (and the fact my sugars are a little out of control) means I will be starting some IVs on monday. Whilst I don't necessarily feel bad they think it is better to get on top of it now before it gets worse. The problem is that high blood sugars feed infection, making the infection worse. This in turn can cause blood sugars to become even more elevated and thus begins a very vicious cycle. So fingers crossed that these IVs will help recover that loss in lung function and hopefully my sugars will also come under control more without me having to play around with my insulin ratios.

My foot is still very bruised and sore. The bruise has now spread across the entire top of my foot and is turning into some very pretty colours (I have some blue, light purple and dark purple!). I can't actually get my foot into my trainers as the top of my trainer hurts too much for me to wear it. I can however get it into my boot with a little bit of pain. However once the boot is on it is not too bad. Walking isn't overly comfortable right now as pressure in the wrong place sends some nice shooting pains through my foot. Whilst I am pleased it is not broken, I don't necessarily think soft tissue damage is any better. When I'm not walking and just sat down there is no pain in my foot but still need to take paracetamol regularly so I can walk about (like I was advised to do).

So thats my 2012 so far, how has yours been?????





No comments:

Post a Comment