Wedding!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Just felt like writing a blog

So, thought I would write a blog about my week. I last wrote on monday saying what some of my plans were and now I'm going to write about how my week has been!

So monday night I ended up going to a friends house at just after half eight. It was his birthday and I brought him monopoly for it. He and his wife invited me round to play monopoly and I wanted to play ever since I had bought it for him so I went!! We didn't start playing until 9pm, the game ended at 11.55pm!! This was quite a late night. I got home about 12.30am on tuesday. I had to be up at 7am on tuesday to get ready for school.

School was average on tuesday. Considering I have been helping out there for nearly a year I suddenlty felt extremely unwelcome and unwanted this weekend. It was a little weird and a little uncomfortable- I didn't really like it. The kids were still great though.

Wednesday- I met my friend and her little boy for a cup of tea. It was great to catch up with them and was a nice morning. In the afternoon I spent sometime tidying my house and getting some ordinary boring jobs done that need doing when you live by yourself like cleaning etc.

Thursday- in the daytime I don't think I did much. In the evening I had beavers. I had 5 new beavers turn up which was amazing and also made for a very hectic evening. The beaver colony which was only set up 4months ago is now pretty much at full capacity. As the only leader running the section (so doing the planning, paperwork and everything) there is a limit to how many I can take which isnt the same limit as a colony with 2 or 3 leaders can have, its not a lot short though but I'm not happy to take the full 24 (which is the usual size of a full beaver colony) with no help with the planning etc. I am very please about this and just hope the new ones return next week!

Friday was food shopping in the am as normal with my grandma. Normally on a sunday I go to my parents house for a roast dinner and when they aren't available I normally wangle an invite out somewhere instead so I dont have to cook! However this week as my parents arent available I decided I would cook my own and brought a very nice looking chicken joint whilst shopping. Then friday evening I was at my parents house for the night to babysit my nephew. My sister rarely goes out and it just so happens my parents are normally out friday evenings as well, so I agreed to sleepover to watch my nephew so they could still go out like normal and my sister could also go out. He was no problem and was in bed within an hour of arriving at my parents house. So I then spent the evening on their computer playing some scrabble with a friend online and reliving some old memories from a holiday I went on as part of the Cystic Fibrosis Holiday Fund (before cross-infection became an issue/the importance of cross-infection was realised and the holidays were stopped!). I went to bed feeling a little emotional over it all, as it made me realise how great it is to have memories of things and people you can no longer see for a multitude of reasons but it also made me very sad that I could no longer see these people also.

Yesterday I spent the day at my parents house playing with my nephew for abit and we also went into town to do some jobs (pay a couple of cheques into the bank and get a few bits from a local butcher type shop who has amazing food!!). Then late morning my brother rang me in tears and ended up spending the afternoon with us at my parents house. He was in tears because of another major argument with his fiance over something stupid (it started because his best men are jokingly saying they wont tell him what hes doing on his stag do in AUGUST and she isnt happy because she doesnt know what he will be doing and has said if she doesnt know he wont go on it. A) its only january they probably have no idea what they will actually be doing yet theyre just messing around and joking with my brother and B) I personally dont think she has a right to know what he will be doing before hand, she just needs to trust him. He wont do anything that would jeopardise the relationship like go into the strip club we have in town etc because he loves her too much). However he went home just before teatime and then ended up sitting outside my house waiting for me to get home from about 5.15pm. He spent the night at my house before leaving early to go home so he was there to look after his girls while she is at work. Last night he was saying it was over completely as he cant keep having the same argument every few weeks (which it is the same argument just a different starting catalyst. It boils down to they dont have alot of money, saving for a wedding so dont go out much and they are both jealous of seeing other people there age and older going out and getting wasted every weekend- including those who also have a young family and can afford to also pay babysitters). I dont know what is happening as he left before I woke up this morning, so it just depends if they can recover from this latest argument or not.

Today I am not doing much. I have prepared the veg already for my dinner later. All week I have also been having a clear out of old dvds and other things that I no longer watch or use and then selling them on some facebook selling pages. I am expecting a few people today to collect some things they are buying off me. It has been a great feeling selling these things and saving the money to be able to spend on some things that I would like but cant really afford or justify normally getting.

No comments:

Post a Comment