Wedding!

Monday, January 23, 2012

The IVs have finished. I think they have been pretty effective. At the half way point the results were certainly very promising, I can't however do my lung function currently to see what it is at the end.

Yesterday afternoon I suffered from a bout of haemoptysis. It lasted for a few hours and then settled down to just a little bit streaky. It made my chest very sore and tight though. Then this morning I woke up and felt fine again. CF is a fun old game, as I was fine before the haemoptysis started as well. I will now just have to wait until my next clinic appointment (whenever that may be as they've been making it for the last 2 weeks and it still isn't done) to do my lung function again and hope for the best.

Again the hospital weren't overly bothered that I had haemoptysis and just ask I let them know if and when it happens again so they can make a record of it. It's going to look good on my annual assessment thats for sure come october. When you go from having no episodes of it what so ever to having at least 3 episodes since the last AA (so far!), hopefully when they see this they might start to care a little bit more.

I am now back at home. It feels weird after being in the company of people for the last 2 weeks to be home alone, it is however nice. As much as I love my parents I do miss my independence and being able to watch what I want when I want and go out and come back in when I like. I don't feel like I can do this as much when I am at parents which makes it abit awkward at times (especially when my dad makes me watch Countryfile :-/ ).

I have a fairly busy week planned (nothing like keeping busy!). I'm looking forward to meeting a friend and her little boy on wednesday for a cup of tea.

I am also currently busy planning a beaver sleepover. After a 2hour meeting saturday afternoon we worked out the activities that they would do. Considering my colony only started in September (so its still pretty new) the majority of my beavers who go on the sleepover will earn 6 badges but my new ones will only earn 5, as they wont have done some of the activities in earlier meetings to complete the requirements for the 6th badge. To be fair 2 or 3 of these badges are just because they will complete the requirements after we started them in meetings, so those that don't go will still get a chance to earn them. However 2 of them are sleepover specific and they will never attain them unless they attend a sleepover. I am currently struggling with getting the parents to let their children go on the sleepover and I just don't know how else to reassure them that their child will be ok over night!

No comments:

Post a Comment