Wedding!

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Day 6.....

A photo of an animal you’d love to keep as a pet

I would love a dog. I know this might not seem unusual for a pet or anything but I rent. Under the terms of my contract I am not supposed to keep any pets and IF my landlady was to give me permission to keep a pet I would have to put an extra £100 into my rent bond to cover any damage they may cause in the home. For this reason I don't have a dog.

However I would to have a dog like the king charles spaniel in the photo (courtesy of google!). I would love a small dog who could curl up on my lap and keep me company in an evening.

Apart from the issues with my rent bond, due to my health a dog is not a practical pet for me to have. When on average every 3months I am not at home due to being on IVs, I wouldn't have anyone to look after the dog and my parents wouldn't want a dog in their home again. To be a responsible owner I would need to take the dog for a walk every day and I can't commit to that. When I am feeling unwell or the weather is very bad walks probably wouldn't happen and that doesn't seem fair. So instead I dogsit for my friend and go play with her dogs instead, which isn't quite the same but is the closest I am going to get to being a dog-owner!

No comments:

Post a Comment