Wedding!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Difficult phone calls

I've just had to make 2 of the most difficult phone calls I've had to make in a long time.

I'm sure most of you are aware that I'm a leader within scouting. Well unfortunately one of the cubs in the group I am a leader at is extremely poorly. He is only 10yrs old and has just been diagnosed with a form of cancer that is currently knocking him for 6. Well we are a village group and most of his fellow cubs have been informed of this already because they attend the same school and the school made the decision to tell the children in the school.

2 of the cubs are not in the same school and I have just had to phone their parents so they can tell their children before coming to the meeting tonight. They are difficult phone calls. I have been so upset and worried for this cub myself for the last week, so to then remain calm and reassuring myself to tell others was very difficult. However these kids needed to know before they stepped into the pack meeting and found out from another child. I feel this topic is to sensitive and should be broached by the parents. If the other cubs had not been told at school, I certainly wouldn't of been telling any them! They know he is poorly and that would of been enough for them.

I do not know his prognosis at the moment, all I know is he has been in hospital for 3weeks and his mum hasn't left his bedside in that time and his dad hasn't left his bedside for the last 2weeks (when it became clear just how ill he was). He has a younger brother who is devastated at how poorly his brother is and the fact he hasnt seen his mum and dad for so long (he is not allowed to visit the hospital as they think seeing his brother so ill will just upset and worry him alot more than he currently is). This family need support and prayers.

Please think of this family and send them all the best wishes/thoughts in any way you feel able.

1 comment:

  1. Please pass our details on if you think we can make him smile x

    ReplyDelete